Pre and post natal fitness with Oahu Mothercircle
Please consult with your primary healthcare provider regarding your readiness and ability to engage in structured physical activity.
Beyond weight loss, daily physical activity can
- improve circulation, sleep, performance, and mood
- balance hormones
- increase libido
- foster a positive body image and overall outlook on life
Making time for movement is one of the best ways to nourish yourself, as it’s the one thing you do that is primarily for your benefit.
Beginning a movement practice, whether walking, dancing, running, or strength training before and during pregnancy can help to offset some of the physical discomforts of pregnancy, as well as help you build endurance and stamina.
I highly recommend you work with a pelvic health physical therapist or occupational therapist who specializes in pelvic care to provide you with additional care and targeted support throughout conception, pregnancy, and postpartum.
Here are my favorite recommendations.
- HoopYogini offers mindfulnes and meditation with hooping to help you connect to your breath, build a strong core, and love your body.
- Pelvic Health Essentials is a 6-week online course to help you achieve optimal pelvic health in preparation for pregnancy, during pregnancy, and postpartum.
- The Birth Ball for Pregnancy and Labor offers a dynamic experience throughout your pregnancy, childbirth, and even postpartum.
- MUTU System for Diastasis Recti & Postpartum Recovery is for postpartum moms who want to safely rebuild their abdominal and pelvic floor muscles.
- Pre and Post Natal Barre Blend is designed to help optimize your fitness during pregnancy while providing a safe foundation to help you thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally from the 1st trimester through the transition to motherhood.
Looking for support with conception, pregnancy, and postpartum? Click here.