Periods are not just for pregnancy and fertilty is more than just for making babies.
Your menstrual cycle is a vital sign that tells the story of your overall health and well-being from one cycle to the next.
We’ve all been living with PMS and period problems to varying degrees and while it’s normal, it’s not healthy. And we can do something about it.
When you join Muscle + Flow, you’ll learn how to
- track your cycle, including ovulation for birth control or conception
- connect symptoms to nutrition and lifestyle factors
- sync your cycle with the moon and your lifestyle
- balance your hormones with food, physical activity, and self-care
- move your body for optimum wellness during each phase of your menstrual cycle
Why is fitness important to the menstrual cycle?
Physical activity helps maintain hormone balance. Weight or resistance training specifically helps improve insulin sensitivity, which impacts ovulation. Overall, daily movement helps increase oxygen in the lungs and blood which improves circulation, increases endorphins, relieves stress, and improves mood and libido.
It’s easy to skip a workout when you’re not feeling motivated, so I’ve created Muscle & Flow to help us maintain our physical activity as part of our ongoing self-care regimen.
This course is not open for enrollment at this time.