Are you a successful coach or solo business owner over 35 who is contemplating motherhood? Do you want to ensure that your business continues to thrive during pregnancy and leave? If yes, I’d love to work with you.
I love coaching high-achieving women just like you through the exciting, yet challenging, transition into motherhood. I know firsthand the unique challenges that come with being a business owner and a new mother, and I’m here to help you navigate those challenges with ease.
My 12-month coaching agreement is designed specifically for high-achieving women over 35 who are coaches and business owners preparing for first-time motherhood. During our time together, we will work together to:
- Develop a plan to prepare your business for your maternity leave and beyond
- Prioritize your self-care and well-being during this transitional time
- Establish systems and strategies to balance motherhood and your business
- Address any mindset blocks or limiting beliefs that may be holding you back
- Connect you with a supportive community of like-minded women who are also preparing for motherhood
As a matrescence coach, I will be there every step of the way to support and guide you through this exciting new chapter of your life. Together, we will ensure that you not only survive but thrive as a business owner and a new mother.
I coach two kinds of women preparing for first-time motherhood:
Women over 35 with PCOS…
Like many women living with PCOS, you’ve most likely been told that you are infertile, need to lose weight to get pregnant, and/or that you won’t be able to conceive without medical intervention.
This doesn’t have to be your story.
And health coaches who want to baby-proof their business.
Whether you’re just starting out or have been coaching for years, having a business model that can run without your daily physical presence is essential for long-term growth and sustainability, even if you’re not a parent.
And you don’t have to work harder or longer hours to make this happen.
Matrescence Coaching for Women over 35 with Menstruation and Money in Mind
The general recommendation for preconception is to give yourself at least three months to get your body in optimal shape for pregnancy and childbirth. This is because it takes 90 days for an egg to mature.
But when you’re over 35, especially if you’re not ovulating regularly on account of PCOS, you may need to give yourself a little more time to bring your hormones into balance. For example, you may need to improve your insulin sensitivity and decrease inflammation (Are your joints achy? Do you have hormonal belly?).
Plus, motherhood after just 35 hits different.
You’ve lived a full life, but you may still have a few aspirations that require your full attention.
And your body doesn’t spring back the way it used to, like when you could hang out all night and still show up for work the next morning on little to no sleep.
On top of that, all of that adulting you’ve been doing may have left you with a little more month at the end of your money – student loans, mortgage payments, credit card bills.
And if you’re a health coach who only makes money when you’re seeing clients, well, you just own a job.
“The process of becoming a mother, coined by Dana Raphael, Ph.D. (1973), is a developmental passage where a woman transitions through pre-conception, pregnancy and birth, surrogacy or adoption, to the postnatal period and beyond. The exact length of matrescence is individual, recurs with each child, and may arguably last a lifetime! The scope of the changes encompass multiple domains –bio-psycho-social-political-spiritual– and can be likened to the developmental push of adolescence. Increased attention to mothers has spurred new findings, from neuroscience to economics, and supports the rationale for a new field of study known as matrescence. Such an arena would allow the roundtable of specialists to come together and advance our understanding of this life passage.”
– Aurélie Athan, Ph.D.
There’s very little honesty, guidance, or grace given to women over 35 who desire to become a mother for the first time (or who wish to remain child-free).
If you’ve prioritized building a career or business, chances are you’ve been shamed and called selfish for not fulfilling your “biological destiny” sooner, or at all.
Folks will tell you that you can’t have it all and that you have to choose.
I call bullshit.
You can have it all, when you’re in full alignment with what you truly desire and what you’re calling into your life.
But you don’t have to do it all, and that makes all the difference.
While you can never fully prepare for becoming a mother, you can become well-educated, informed, and resourced on all things preconception, pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and finances. The more you learn and understand about the new ‘hood you’re moving into (motherhood), the less frustration and regret you’ll experience because of what you wish someone had told you.
As a Matrescence Coach with Menstruation and Money in mind, I coach my clients on:
- journaling and creative expression
- body literacy / menstrual cycle awareness
- fertility and menstrual health care
- breathwork and pleasureable movement
- sex and intimacy coaching
- PCOS and period repair
- health and fitness coaching
- meal prep guidance
- preparing your body and life for conception, pregnancy, and postpartum
- nonmedical emotional and physical support
- pregnancy and infant loss support (abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth)
- cultivating a spiritual and/or personal development practice
- learning comfort measures for pregnancy, labor, and postpartum
- building your medical and nonmedical support team
- automating business processes
- establishing systems and support for household management, childcare, and the transition to and from maternity leave
- resources and strategies to increase income in preparation for conception, pregnancy, postpartum, and parenting
$100 for one 90-minute session and a 30-minute follow up session
Note: This coaching agreement does not include on-call labor support either in person or virtually.