The Fire Starter Sessions reframes popular self-help and success concepts to cut through dull thinking and fear, and get straight to one’s core desires, pragmatism, and courage — and burn some illusions to a crisp…
- Life balance is a myth, and the pursuit of it is causing us more stress than the craving for balance itself.
- Being well-rounded is highly over-rated. When you focus on developing your true strengths you enter your mastery zone.
- Screw your principles, well, some of them. (They might be holding you back.)
- We have ambition backwards. Getting clear on how you want to feel in your life + work is more important than setting goals. It’s the most potent form of clarity that you can have, and it’s what leads to true fulfillment.
- Competency is for suckers. Your most valuable currency is what comes naturally to you. When you focus on developing your true strengths, you enter your mastery zone.
- You’re an artist, and that’s that. When we’re giving our best, we’re being artistic. When you’re bringing your whole self to the party, you’re making poetry happen — and you do it all the time, naturally.
- Be the giver. Force it if you have to. Make generosity part of your growth strategy and you will cross that sacred divide where love is no longer a concept but is your soul made manifest. You. Giving. Love. Gorgeous.