Mondays with Melissa is is hosted on the Blubrry platform using the Blubrry PowerPress plugin. Thinking of starting your own podcast? Try it free for one month through this link.
This episode contains strong language.
Homesteading is one of my later in life, long-term goals. Homesteading is a major lifestyle change. I binged watched Homestead Rescue and I want to believe that the producers overexaggerated the circumstances to make a good show vs believing that these homesteaders willingly and willfully set themselves up for failure, suffering and heartbreak. Note: This episode contains strong language.
Mentioned in this episode
- Homestead Rescue
- Little House on the Prairie
- This Old House
- Tents and Yurts from Colorado Yurt Company
- Go work on a farm
Here are some helpful resources for homesteading
- Mother Earth News
- Country Wisdom & Know-How
- Just in Case: How to be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens
- Get free Shipping on your next order from FoodStorage.com. Use Coupon Code: nsfree5.
- The Backyard Homestead
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead
- Self-Sufficiency for the 21st Century
- The Do-It-Yourself-Homestead
- The Homestead Planner and Logbook
- Homesteading Meetups
ABOUT MONDAYS WITH MELISSA
Adulting: Are we doing it wrong? Mondays with Melissa is an ongoing conversation about adulthood and the continuous pursuit of personal growth.
Melissa's working it out in real time, and some of it won't be pretty.
Join the conversation in the comments. If you'd like to be a guest, let me know your topic in the comments (leave your email in the box that only I will see) and I'll be in touch.