The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
~ Mark Twain
When you have lots of ideas and you’re excited about all of them, it can be challenging to figure out which one to go with first. If you make the mistake of letting other people know you’re a person who’s always full of ideas and are excited about all of them, you may make yourself smaller and never bring these ideas to life. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people scrolling through Facebook and Instagram, longing for someone else’s life that may not even be real. How many times have you or someone you know saw a product, service, TV Show, or movie and said, Hey! I thought of that first!?
Start a Fire Starter Sessions Group
A guide to creating success on your own terms, The Fire Starter Sessions reframes popular self-help and success concepts to cut through dull thinking and fear, and get straight to one’s core desires, pragmatism, and courage — and burn some illusions to a crisp.
The Fire Starter Sessions reframes popular self-help and success concepts to cut through dull thinking and fear, and get straight to one’s core desires, pragmatism, and courage — and burn some illusions to a crisp…
- Life balance is a myth, and the pursuit of it is causing us more stress than the craving for balance itself.
- Being well-rounded is highly over-rated. When you focus on developing your true strengths you enter your mastery zone.
- Screw your principles, well, some of them. (They might be holding you back.)
- We have ambition backwards. Getting clear on how you want to feel in your life + work is more important than setting goals. It’s the most potent form of clarity that you can have, and it’s what leads to true fulfillment.
- Competency is for suckers. Your most valuable currency is what comes naturally to you. When you focus on developing your true strengths, you enter your mastery zone.
- You’re an artist, and that’s that. When we’re giving our best, we’re being artistic. When you’re bringing your whole self to the party, you’re making poetry happen — and you do it all the time, naturally.
- Be the giver. Force it if you have to. Make generosity part of your growth strategy and you will cross that sacred divide where love is no longer a concept but is your soul made manifest. You. Giving. Love. Gorgeous.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
ABOUT MONDAYS WITH MELISSA
Adulting: Are we doing it wrong? Mondays with Melissa is an ongoing conversation about the continuous pursuit of personal growth. Melissa's working it out in real time, and some of it won't be pretty.
Join the conversation in the comments. If you'd like to be a guest, let me know your topic in the comments (leave your email in the box that only I will see) and I'll be in touch.